Wednesday, February 16, 2011

I wanna' get away.

Ever since I've come back from Boston, I honestly look for trips probably every day. That darn travel bug! I want to go on a vacation, so bad! I am not totally sure why either.  I don't know if it is because this winter has seemed like had been going on for 6 months or every store you walk into already has swim suits out for sale. Whatever the reason all I want to do is pack my bags with sun dresses, swim suits, flip-flops and sun screen. Oh, and my tooth brush- can't forget that! Then, just sit on the beach and soak up the sun and maybe read a book.

Doesn't this all seem so wonderful? I can close my eyes and picture it now.


The big problem with taking a vacation, are vacation days. Not for me, because well I can have whatever day off I want to. Greg only gets a certain number of days off of work every year. When it comes to planning vacations we really have to plan well. We have to plan for the time we take to visit his family in Florida during the year as well as going on a family trip with my side and you can't forget the days that he will actually use when he is sick.

Really, more than anything I want to go on a vacation just Gregorian and I. We do go on quite a few little trips here and there on the weekends. But they are all places within driving distance like under 6 hours. I would love to go on a cruise or to the bahamas. Nothing too long, maybe 4 nights and plan it over a weekend so he only needs to miss 2 days of work. We haven't been on a trip just the two of us since our honeymoon almost 3 years ago when we went to Key West. We had such a great time just the two of us bee-bopin' around the island, snorkeling and just enjoying each others company.

I can honestly say that I am very caught up in "the now" and I want to spend time going and doing things that we are able to do. You never know what can happen in a year and change our chances for going on a trip then. I don't want to put it off and then in the long run be bummed out that we didn't just go.

I've got my optimistic pants on and this year I'm hoping that with wonderful planning we will be able to make it all happen... trips with families as well as going somewhere just the two of us.

1 comment:

  1. "optimistic pants"...that's so cute!

    I, too, have the travel bug. I keep ooh-ing and ahh-ing at the Atlantis resort on Paradise Island. Sooo expensive. I have to save up!

    Best of luck planning your dream vacation! :)

    ReplyDelete