Friday, February 18, 2011

Walk a mile in my shoes...

... if you can find a pair to fit these boats!

For Christmas this past year I asked for Nike Frees and I had to take them back. Why you ask? Well, because... they didn't fit. They were too small.  I have monster feet. I mean not freakishly huge feet but I wear anywhere from a size 9 1/2 to an 11, which makes it hard sometimes to find shoes. I wear a 10 in all of my other athletic shoes... so my mind was boggled as to why these didn't fit.

I need a size 10 1/2 and the shoe stores do not carry a half size past a size 10. Wonderful! You have to order them on-line. However, every website that I have looked on for these shoes are also sold out. Week, after week, after week! Now, here we are 7ish weeks past Christmas and I still have not been able to get my shoes.

Until today... I got on-line for my daily search and low and behold... dunnn, daaaaa, daaahhhhh! 


The Nike gods are smiling down on me! I finally got to order my shoes and now I just have to wait 3-5 days for them to arrive in a nice bright orange box at my front door- YAY!

I could have gotten other shoes but I hear that the Nike Frees are top notch for running. Greg has them and he really likes them a lot. We go to the gym pretty regularly and I usually do light weight training, cardio and a spin class here and there. I don't really like to run that much but, I think if I get shoes that are good for my "running style" then I'll feel better about it and run more often. At least I hope so. These shoes are super light and are supposed to be feel like you are running barefoot. I can not wait to get them, seems like I've been waiting so long. I really hope that the wait is worth it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment