Tuesday, February 22, 2011

I blew a fuse.

This post is coming to you from McDonald's, home of the golden arches, in Pittsburgh and there's more... 


I'm typing on my phone and it's taking for ever. All a little strange, right? 

I was in the 'burgh visiting my cousins over the weekend. Then we got a crazy snow storm so I stayed an extra day because I didn't have to teach the last 2 days. We went shopping (no sales tax in PA, yay!), watched movies and I got to play with my lil' cousins. It was much needed time spent with my family and I enjoyed every minute of it.

Everything was going swell until I started my trip home. My check engine light came on as soon as I startes my car. Dud! I called my friend  Dave because he is a car guru. He said it's probably no big deal, most likely an electrical thing and I'd be ok to drive home.

All was well until I was on the road and my phone beeped saying that there was only 15% left of the battery. No big deal, I just plugged it into the car charger and kept on crusin'. 10 minutes later... beep, beep, beep- 10% left. I looked at the charger and noticed that the light wasn't on... which means that it wasn't charging. Uggghhh Oh! I connected the dots and I'm guessing that the check engine light is probably telling me that I blew a fuse and that fuse just had to be the charger fuse.

The next exit had a McDonald's and so I got off the highway. I wouldn't have been so concerned about my phone dying but the weather wasn't the best, my check engine light was on and I was driving alone. I figured it was smart to charge it.... ya know, just in case.

So here I am 40 minutes, a large coffee and my first blog entry written on my phone later finally charged up and ready to get back on the road. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh boy, bad combo. You did the smart thing though...always need that phone charged just in case! Atleast you can enjoy a coffee while being inconvenienced. :)

    ReplyDelete