Thursday, January 20, 2011

PAAAAK YA CAH IN HAHVAAD YAD!

Long time no post, my bad! But last week I was bit by the travel bug and took a lil' trip to Boston with three of my friends. My numero uno amiga, Amy, is looking at going to graduate school there and I was lucky enough to get to tag along. 

Our hotel was still decked out in Christmas decor, it looked so beautiful! The decorations defiantly match up to the hotels 4 star rating. 


We had such a wonderful, yet chilly, weekend!  There was so much snow! The East Coast was hit hard with a huge storm 2 days before we got there. 


I am a lil' bit of a history buff so I was very excited to soak in some of the historic sites in good old Beantown. We didn't get to walk the entire Freedom Trail because it was so cold and most of it was coved by huge amounts of snow. But, we did get to see most of the important stops along the trail. 

Walkin' on the Freedom Trail. A 2 and a half mile trail that is marked by red bricks or a painted red line in some places.


Paul Revere's house where he lived with his 16, thats right 16, children. 


The USS Constitution, also known as "Old Ironsides" because cannon balls seemed to just bounce off her sides during battle. 


The Old Massachusetts State House. If you look to the right on this picture you can see the street light in the road.. that is the site of the Boston Massacre. 


The New Massachusetts State House and by new I mean it was built in 1798.


Sam Adams Statue and Faneuil Hall, which is also know as The Cradle of Liberty.  A lot of meetings and speeches took place in this place during revolutionary times.


Paul Revere's statue which is in front of Old North Church, where he hung the lanterns before he went on his famous midnight ride. 


Along with being a history buff while in Boston... I got to be a total tourist and it was wonderful! There is a lot to see in this city but, I think that we hit the main hotspots. By the end of the first day we started to take pictures of each other almost as if we were running an assembly line. We would each swap cameras...snap the photo and then rotate, like a tag-team match. I'm sure if you compare all of the pics from our 4 cameras they are 90% the same background, just with another person in the picture. Either way- it was very efficient! 

We took a hop-on, hop-off trolly tour to see the highlights of the city and that is just what we did! 



Sometimes you gotta' go where everybody knows your name... and we did. We stopped for some lunch at the Cheers bar. I got clam chowder and it was delish! 


Fenway Paaaak, home of the Bosox!


Took a detour to Cambridge to walk around Harvard. This picture is taken from the top of the library steps. The campus is so beautiful when it's all snow covered! 


The John Harvard's statue, too bad he is wearing a snow blanket. Fun fact about this statue is that the face really is not John Harvard's. The face on this statue is an art student who sat for the sculpting. There aren't any picture of John Harvard... so what he really looked like is a mystery. Dunnn, dunnnn, duuhhhhhhh! 


Another picture of Harvard. I think these buildings are classrooms... 


Ohh, a highlight of the trip... Samuel Adams brewery tour! It was actually a lot smaller than I thought it would be. But, they mostly produce beer specifically for the tours and a few local pubs. We got to taste three different beers and they were very yummy... and free, so even better! 


I love traveling to places where there are so many different things to do. If you are looking for a nice place to go for a long weekend, I suggest Boston. There is good food, friendly people and things to fill up your days with out spending a ton of money. 

Getting away for this past weekend has started my wheels turning for my next trip, this time I think I'll take Gregorian. I really missed him! Any suggestions....? 

No comments:

Post a Comment