Monday, February 7, 2011

Summer Job Search

Well, well blogging friends the time has come for me to join the high school and college students all over this great land of ours and being looking for a summer job.

Joy!

This is one of the big downfalls of substituting teaching. When summer rolls around I try to get a gig babysitting for a family with school age kids in my area. That way I can continue to use the skills that I have as a teacher as well as have fun with kids all summer! I use two websites to help me in getting a job for the summer.

1) Sittercity.com

2) Nannies4Hire.com

These sites are both really good when looking for a gig like I'm in search of. What is really good is that they are free for the employment seeker. The families who are looking for an employee have to pay to view sitter profiles and get contact info. This will be my 4th summer using these sites to help me find a summer job.

I can't believe it is only February and I'm already looking for a summer job, but you know what they say..."The early bird catches the worm." In my case I hope the bird catches a worm that is close to my house and pays well! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment