Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Potluck Posting!

Hello internet world!  We haven't spoken in a few days and it's not really like a whole lot has happened. I would like to call these postings "Potluck Postings"... ya know, a little bit of this, a little bit of that. So let's have a quick recap of the last 4 days....

HAPPY (belated) HALLOWEEN!
I love halloween! This year I was very excited because we finally had a house and we could sit outside with our dog, Kelso, and pass out candy to all the cute lil' kiddies! But ... it just so happened that my sisters city did trick-or-treat the same night as our city did it. So in keeping with our halloween tradition we went to my sisters to trick or treat with our nieces. I wish I had pictures to share... but I dropped the ball with pictures this year and did not take a single one ... BOO! 

In preparation for halloween I spent most of the day Friday making costumes for my husband and I. They turned out alright... Greg was an XBox "red ring of death" and I was a cupcake. The cupcake didn't turn out as well as I had hoped for the amount of time that I put into it. But.... oh well it was fun anyway! 



NOVEMBER...huh?! 
I can honestly not believe that it is November! As I sit here I'm trying to think about where October went... and it just seems like time is flying by. There are a lot of things that are coming up in November that I'm very excited for. Like.. this weekend we are going to the Browns game. My family is coming over to our house for the Ohio State football game next week and probably the most exciting thing in November is THANKSGIVING! 

This year Greg's family is coming into town from Florida to celebrate Turkey Day with us! I am very excited to have them come and stay with us for a few days. But with any holiday hosting gig a lot of nerves come attached. This will be the first "holiday" that we host at our house. I am sure that soon I will make a cleaning check list and a to do list of random odds and ends that need to get done. I sat down today and wrote out who would all be coming to out house for Thanksgiving and it totaled at like 25 people! YIKES! But really... the more the merrier! I love to have people over so it will be wonderful I'm sure. 

"FILL IN THE BUBBLE COMPLETELY TO ENSURE YOUR VOTE COUNTS"
Yesterday  I took my time filling in all of the bubbles on my ballot. I'm not going to ramble on and on about this... but I did want to mention a lil' something. I'm not one to get involved in heated political discussions, push issues on people or sick 10 campaign signs in my yard. But- I will vote. Every time. 

What I think and how I see things might not be the same as you... But the big picture for me is- at least we have the freedom to choose. I educate myself and vote for who fits how I feel. Naturally, there will be times when people (especially with politics) do not agree and won't always "win". But I will always, always, always support the political leaders elected. I can choose to put up an argument, stomp my feet, shake my finger  and blahh blahhhh blahhhh... but, the way I see it is, me being a turd about it is not going to change who holds the office. So... vote one day and wake up the next a proud American and press on with life. Sounds good? Ok! 



LET'S END THE POTLUCK WITH... DESSERT!
Here is a little something sweet to end this potluck with. On Saturday, Greg and Kelso sat at the window and squirrel watched together... it was so cute!



1, 2, 3...AWWWW! 



No comments:

Post a Comment