Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Green Day once said, "Do you have the time..."

And the fact of the matter is that in the last week I have not had the time. Especially, to blog about not having time. But this morning I found myself with some and so here I am! Aren't you thrilled? :o) I am!

One would think that I would have oodles of time because I don't work everyday. But, I'm a busy girl with things to do. Ya know- I clean, cook, grocery shop, wash clothes, fold clothes and then finally put them away. Then it seems like by the time I have that done I get to do it all over again. But- the best thing about having time during the day to do all of this stuff is that when Gregorian gets home we can eat dinner together and just enjoy the evening. -Delightful!-

Outside of regularly scheduled housewife things, I have been working hard on getting my ducks in a row for some fundraisers that I will be hosting in December. So, this past week I designed all of the flyers for both events. Called a thousand places for donations and wrote donation letters addressed them and those will get send out today... It's all very exciting! Check out all of these flyers...


I am a big advocate for charity and donating to those who are less fortunate. In the past few years I have becoming very involved with fundraising for St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. There is something about St. Jude and their mission, values and vision that I simply connect to. They never turn families away because of their inability to pay for treatments and procedures. I like to do fundraisers for them during the holiday season to benefit their Thanks and Giving Campaign. The motto for this campaign is, "Give thanks for healthy kids in your life, and give to those who are not." It actually brings tears to my eyes just typing that, ohh boy! I just couldn't imagine having a child, like one of my nieces, who wasn't healthy and needed an organization like St. Jude. I am blessed to have healthy children in my life and therefore I give- I give to those who need it. I give to St. Jude because they give. They give hope. They give life.

I encourage you to take time and think about donating to a charity that is close to your heart this holiday season. Choose a charity whose mission, values and vision truly touch you... it fills your heart with joy and that is the best gift- ever.

If you would like more information on the fundraisers that I am hosting in the Northeast Ohio area or would like to donate please contact me at JamieCashWatson@gmail.com with St. Jude in the subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment