Thursday, December 23, 2010

Christmas dresses, why are you so hard to choose?

Remember when you were younger and your mom would dress you to the 9's for Christmas? As a child my Christmas dresses were often made of velvet or a velour-like material and usually had a lace collar. The best part of these Christmas dresses were that I wasn't the only fool dressed in them. My little cousin, Heather, often got stuck wearing the same dress that I wore. One year that sticks out for me is when we got matching purple velour dresses with huge lace collars and lace trim around the wrists. We were lookers, let me tell ya!

I wish that I had pictures to show you of these dresses because I am sure that my words are not doing them justice. I would think if you grew up in the 80's and early 90's you know what I'm talking about and very possibly have pictures in Christmas dresses like looked much like mine. I'll try to dig some up and post them if/when I find them. Oy vey!

Now, as an adult I get to pick my own Christmas dress to wear and it is not that easy. I have had my eye out for my Christmas dress since August, really. Some ladies can back me up here.... it is just not always easy to pick the dress that will be in family photo's for the years to come along with the must have picture in front of the tree w/ the hubby. So, with that said.  I have three options and I've pro and con'ed each of them and still can not decide.

Do I wear... the dark denim New York and Company dress?


I say yes- it is comfortable for being around the house and it's dark so if I spill anything on it (which always happens) there is a less likely chance that it will be noticed. OH! annnddd... I would get to wear my cute red ruffled flats with the dress. I love those shoes! Then... I also say no- it's denim, too casual for church. I mean if men are wearing ties... I certainly can not wear a denim dress. Can I?

Moving on to choice #2.... Do I wear the Gianni Bini dress that I got from Dillards on mega sale?


I say yes- it matches the green sweater that Gregorian will be wearing for Christmas as well as the waist line is flattering.  Then I say- no... it's a little to fitted to really enjoy all of the Christmas cookies and yummy holiday food! Plus, I think it might be a wee bit too dressy, because of the fit and there is a big zipper in the back as well as its a kinda low scoop neck line that is also scooped in the back. So, it might make a better New Year's Eve dress.

Finally choice numero 3... a red, I would say more like a wine colored dress from Banana Republic?


For the last time... haha!

I say yes- it compliments the sweater that Gregorian will be wearing and we will look like a cute lil' Christmas couple. Also yes, because I would wear brown tights and my trusted brown boots with this dress. These boots are the cats pajamas and they only took me 2 years to find (I'm very picky and super indecisive with just about everything but- especially shoes and clothes. Hence- this entire post, hahaha!). Then I say no- because I wore this dress twice already to other holiday parties and if I were to spill, it shows up. Sad to say- it has happened.

Ahhhh baaaaahhhhhh..... I think we should all just wear Christmas PJ's all day and forget about the hoopla that surrounds Christmas clothes and looking nice. I guess the best part about this is that I still have a few days to choose what to wear so I don't show up to church in my jammies and totally embarrass everyone. haha!

I'm glad that I was able to write this out for all of you to read. Now, you definably have a better glimpse into my world of indecisiveness and what goes on in my head when I stand in my closet.

Now, I leave you in wonderment... which will it be?


Dunnnnn, dunnnn, daaaaaa.....

No comments:

Post a Comment