Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Hide the cookies, hide the chips...

... 'cause I've been eating everything up in here!

I am not sure what it is but ever since I got back from Boston I simply can not stop eating. While we were in Boston, I will admit that I did not eat well at all and even packed on a few fried food lb's... but come on- it's vacation! I'm not sure if I was pinched by the foodie fairy or what but it has to stop, real fast.


I have subbed everyday for the past two weeks so I'm not actually sitting around just feasting all day. But, I do find myself searching for snacks or lil' bites of things here and there during the day. The worst is when I get home from work at like 4. When I don't sub I usually eat lunch later in the afternoon... around 1 or 2.  Maybe having a scheduled lunch at noon is a contributing factor in all of this- who knows?!

 It's all a lil' weird for me because for the most part I am a really healthy eater. I cook our meals from scratch and tend to overload on the veggies. I must have tossed that idea out the window at some point within the last 14 days. I actually thing that sometimes Gregorian gets bored with all the "clean & healthy" food that we eat. But oh well, I'm the cook in this household.

The most frustrating part is that I'm not just snacking on junk food. I've been snacking on everything. Cottage cheese... sure! Yogurt... you bet!  Fruit... why not! Baby-bell laughing cow cheeses... absolutely! The list goes on... and on. The list could be much worse if I actually bought real junk food when I go grocery shopping. So, I can't even blame this on having a temporary sweet tooth.

It's time to buckle down on this snacking before I can't buckle my belt. UGH!

No comments:

Post a Comment