Friday, March 11, 2011

Random Act of Kindness

Last week in the mail I got a package and I was all excited because I thought it was my new phone case that I had ordered. I grabbed all the mail, went inside and like a kid on their birthday I tore it open. Much to my surprise it was not my new pretty purple phone case. But- it was this shiny silver bubble envelope from Dogeared Jewels and Gifts. Inside the shiny envelope was a small bag with a card inside. On the card was a bracelet with an elephant charm dangling.


Elephants are my favorite animal and I have loved them since I was a little girl. I like to think that elephants bring me luck and they are a constant symbol of wisdom, strength and loyalty- especially to family. The card with the bracelet on on said, "Make a wish... and put on your bracelet. When your bracelet wears off, your wish should come true. Ask, believe, receive! 

I read everything inside the shiny silver bubble envelope and still had no idea who it was from. I went back and looked through the package that the shiny envelope came in and found a paper folded up with the shipping information on it and in a lil' box at the bottom of the paper was a note. It read, 

" I can't wait to see all of your wishes become a reality- a person as amazing as you deserves everything they could ever want! I could never wish for a better friend than you... love you, always - Amy" 

My eyes welled up and my head clouded up with thoughts of how lucky I am to have Amy as one of my closest and best friends. Her kindness spills over into everyones life that she touches. She is one of the kindest people that I know. She commits herself to everything that she does wholeheartedly and doesn't ever expect anything in return. Amy has enough kindness in her heart to go around the world tenfold. I can only wish that everyone is as lucky to find such a true and genuine friendship as I have with found. 

These stories, the random act of kindness stories, are not heard of too often these days and I wanted to share it with you in hopes of spreading a little bit of happy and trying put a smile on a few faces. Everyday we all wake up with the ability to act randomly and be kind. We should all ask ourselves, "How have I acted lately?" 

Hopefully you can answer that question with something thoughtful, selfless and kind.  

No comments:

Post a Comment