Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Photo Explosion!

While on my recent organizational rampage and closet overhaul I unleashed a beast. A photo beast!


This big, huge, mess-of-a-pile of pictures was just shoved in bags and bursting out of that one container. They are old family pictures mostly... from vacations, school events and my nieces as lil' babes. When we moved into this house I just shoved all of these pictures into a closet of an extra bedroom. With the intention of putting them in order and by occasion. When I opened the closet to start the overhaul... it came spilling out.

I couldn't just walk away from them when they all dumped out. Kelso was taking his afternoon siesta and it was a great time to get started on putting some sort of order to the pictures. I started to sort them into piles by event so that eventually all I would have to do it put them in order and get them stored properly.  After about 40 minutes Kelso woke up and I let him outside and went back to the merry world of photo sorting. Then I heard Kelso barking to be let it after his outdoor adventure. At this point, I called it a day with sorting. Closed the door to the extra bedroom and went to get the dog.

I opened the sliding door and that mutt came running into the house like he had fireworks shooting after him and bolted right to the extra bedroom. He slammed into the door, opened it, jumped on the bed and went ape-crazy with the pictures! Needless to say they are no longer in order and some of them have bite holes in them. I could have screamed! But it was easier to laugh. Those pictures have been sitting in that closet for months unorganized and before that closet another closet unorganized for years. They can wait- they're not going anywhere.

So... someday, hopefully soon and by soon I mean who knows when,  I will have those memories sorted, put in order and stored properly.  

No comments:

Post a Comment