Thursday, October 28, 2010

We are printer-less...

At our house we don't have a printer for our computers. I'm not totally sure why...we used to have one at the house we first lived in. Then we moved to an apartment and all of the cords got lost in moving. Now we are in our new house and we are printer-less. Not like I really use it all that often but when you need to print something...it would be nice to have.

Like tonight, I needed to print a shipping label that UPS e-mailed to my husband. So being printer-less I went to my defult location when I need something printed- the library (angelic voices are singing in my head at the mention of its name). You see... I LOVE the library! I often refer to the library in conversation with my friend Amy (who is also a blogger...check her out!) as "my crush"....Like, "I made a stop to pick up books today from my crush" and we laugh about it becuase she also understands the sheer joy of the library and all of its wonderful things!  My library is less than 5 minutes from my house and I probably go there at least 3 times a week to get books (that most of the time I don't even get around to reading in the 2 weeks that they grant you). Sometimes I will just go there to sit and read magazines, that are usually months old, but so what if I am reading about how to make the best 4th of July BBQ picnic in the middle of October!? I sure don't!

Another thing I love about the library is that I can search for books from my computer, order them and the wonderful library people e-mail me when they are pulled form the shelves and ready to be picked up! I am sure that this is something that people have been enjoying for years...but, who cares?! I love it and I want to talk about it so I am!

Ok, well that is enough about that. Plus, I'm writing this from the library and they close in 9 minutes.

PS: I was in such a rush to get here to print the shipping lable that I left the house with my slippers on...haha!




P.S.S. Don't judge this slippes (or my sweet Halloween socks that I have on). These slippers are wonderful- they are NAP slippers from Brookstone and you should think about getting a pair. They are like walking on clouds :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment