Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Kelso, Whatta' Mutt!

Ladies and gents... this cute lil' (by little, I mean 55 pounds) puppy is mine.

His name is Kelso and he is a hound mix. My husband and I adopted him in the middle of September from The Humane Society. He definitely has proven to be a handful! He is about a year old and still totally a puppy. He jumps, he licks, he does other boy dog actions that he shouldn't do,  he loves to chew on everything and eat things that he really shouldn't. Things like... paper clips, bobby pins, coins, carpet strings, dryer sheets, chapstick (which is a big problem in this house considering that I am a chapstick addict) my book light, contact cases and the list goes on and on...

I wanted to introduce him to all of you because I have some pretty funny stories about him that I will share with you from time to time. I love this dog and I really am happy that we have him in our little family (even know sometimes I call him names when he doesn't listen).  The things dogs do can drive you crazy and the simple fact that they do not understand the full english language and can't comprehend when you say to them..."Please stop running with the scissors in your mouth. They will hurt you!" or "Get off of my bed- it is not a place for you. I sleep there!" is enough to make you want to pull you hair out (run on sentence, sorry).  They really are fun to have and in the long run worth the work. 

This next bit is cheesy, like velveeta, so consider yourself warned. I know that we were meant to meet Kelso at The Humane Society and bring him home with us. It is amazing how fast dogs build up their loyalty to their "people"and I know that he loves us as much as we love him! Plus, anything that gets my husband to talk in cutsey voices, jump around the house and roll on the floor ... is totally worth it. 


One final note- If you are looking into adding new furry member to your family check your local humane societies and adoption shelters before heading to the nearest pet shop. The Humane Society we got Kelso from offers training for as long and often as we want to bring him. They have been so extremely helpful and they are genuinely grateful for each and every person who chooses to adopt a new pet. There are so many animals out there who are looking to find a home and to be loved! One thing I do know is that if you love them... they will only give you love back. 


Local animal adoption shelters:








1 comment:

  1. Hi, new follower here. Your puppy is so cute!

    Adoption is definately the way to go. I got one of my monsters from a shelter.

    Good luck with getting the puppy out of your puppy. (and let me know what the secret is!)

    Jessi
    http://thejuicilife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete